Tuesday, 4 January 2022

Obsessing over Nail Polish

Lotti Benardout

Just after Christmas I stumbled across a live performance of British trip hop band Haelos on YouTube (see it HERE) and since watching that video I'd been obsessing over singer Lotti's nail polish, jewellery and outfit. As you can imagine I was itching to get to the shops all week to purchase a nail polish colour identical or similar to Lotti's.

Therefore when my Wife and Daughter asked if I fancied going into the city centre to do a spot of shopping on New Years Eve, I couldn't refuse as I knew it would be a great opportunity to hunt down that nail polish. 

As luck would have it I didn't have to search that far and I was able to track down something very similar, Essie Aruba Blue from Superdrug.



Later on after something to eat and a couple of drinks we found ourselves in Marks and Spencers department store browsing the sale items and it was really nice to be able to admire the floral dresses and tops  with both my Wife and Daughter in tow. We discussed which floral patterns and colours we liked best but deep down inside all I was thinking was that I wanted them all!

We didn't buy anything in the sales but just before we set off for home, my Wife and Daughter popped into the supermarket to buy a few bits and I found myself waiting outside. I knew they'd be a while so whilst I waited I decided to venture into a couple of nearby womens shoe shops to admire the footwear. As I wondered around the shops again deep down inside all I could think about was having the footwear that I really liked.

I left those shops empty handed and returned back to the supermarket to meet back up with my Wife and Daughter and we got the train back home and enjoyed New Years Eve as a family sat around the television with a few drinks and nibbles.

black, blue & silver

As I sit here writing this tonight, I'm still thinking about Lotti's jewellery and will no doubt buy similar rings and bracelets in the coming weeks as I'm a massive fan of silver jewellery and I really love the black jumper dress, blue nail polish and silver jewellery combination.

Is it just me or others find themselves obsessing over clothes, jewellery and nail polish that they have seen somebody else wearing?

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it is just you. I am absolutely not looking where to buy that beautiful nail varnish right now 😉

    Silliness aside, yes, there's been a few times when I've seen a dress, top, shoes, or admired someone's haircut. I wouldn't go so far as to say obsessed, but inspired to look for something similar, yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Lynn, 'inspired' is probably a better word to use but I think I do border on obsessiveness at times.

      Did you like the nail polish then?

      Delete
    2. The joy of words and how some mean almost the same thing, but not always.

      The nail varnish looks amazing, IMO. I ordered some yesterday after you kindly shared the photo of it. I do love the colour and having painted nails really helps my self esteem too.

      Delete